The Ukrainian president reiterated Ukraine's request to take part in the investigation of the blast site.
Volodymyr Zelensky, the president of Ukraine, has said he has no doubts that the missile that exploded in Poland on Tuesday was not Ukrainian.
In a conversation with Suspilne, the website of the Ukrainian public television, Zelensky said that he had no doubts “it wasn’t our rocket or our rocket strike,” Interfax-Ukraine reported on Wednesday.
Zelensky added that he believed “it was a Russian rocket, if you trust military reports.”
The Ukrainian president reiterated Ukraine’s request to take part in the investigation of the blast site.
“I’m convinced that we should and will (take part in the investigation)… I want justice and if it was a deployment of our air defence, I want evidence,” Zelensky said.
Ukraine’s head of national security Oleksiy Danilov issued a similar appeal earlier in the day.
Poland’s president, Andrzej Duda, said on Wednesday that the blast was most likely caused by a Soviet-era rocket fired by Ukrainian air defence amid Tuesday’s barrage of Russian missiles targeting Ukrainian cities and infrastructure.
The explosion killed two Polish citizens at a grain-drying facility in the village of Przewodów near Poland’s border with Ukraine.
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /var/www/warsawpoint/data/www/warsawpoint.com/wp-content/themes/accesspress-mag/content-single.php on line 69