You are here
Home > News > Central bank to help finance Polish nuclear power plant: bank’s head

Central bank to help finance Polish nuclear power plant: bank’s head

The National Bank of Poland (NBP) will help the state to obtain 51 percent of the funds necessary to build the country’s first nuclear power plant, Adam Glapiński, the bank’s head declared in an interview with “Sieci” weekly.

Polish economy most resilient in Europe: central bank head

see more

“At the start, let the Americans build six nuclear power reactors here… The Polish side, with the help of the NBP, will provide the financial infrastructure for 51 percent of the necessary funds and the Americans [will provide] the remaining 49 percent,” Mr Glapiński told “Sieci”.



Furthermore, he announced that the central bank plans to purchase an additional 100 tonnes of gold in the coming years.

“At the moment, we have 229 tonnes, and about half of this total was purchased during my term in office. We have added a large amount to Polish vaults. Within a few years, we want to purchase at least a 100 tonnes more and to keep this gold in Poland,” Mr Glapiński added.

He also announced that he intends to run for another term as head of the NBP.

Leave a Reply

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Top